Green Beans with Almond Lemon Dressing
Lemon dressing is the crowning glory of this beautiful green bean and almond side dish.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 40g (1/4 cup) slivered almonds
- 1/5 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1kg green beans, topped
- Poached trout with mustard & caper dressing, to serve
1. Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the almonds and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from heat. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Whisk together the lemon rind, lemon juice and oil in a small jug. Season with pepper.
3. Cook the beans in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 1-2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Drain well.
4. Divide the beans among serving plates. Sprinkle with the toasted almonds and drizzle with lemon dressing. Serve immediately with the poached trout with mustard & caper dressing.